AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23108 Topics
408576 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17868
pmbuko 16326
SirQuack 13356
CV 11411
MarkSJohnson 11080
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
OK, hold up here. Are you seriously considering buying an amp that costs 1-2-3-4x the price of the speakers you're using with it? We're talking a tiny fraction of an improvement at best, particularly with M2s. If you were driving big towers, like M
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by huskydave @ 04/21/15 06:20 PM

"Thanks for the heads up on that Sansui. from the looks of it, a legend! Definitely doable price wise too. And regarding the Bryston, if I drop tonnes of money on an amp, should I just get a McIntosh? They are both great choices here is my th
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by BobKay @ 04/21/15 05:58 PM

Ken, you're just days away from your 12th Axiom Anniversary!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by BobKay @ 04/21/15 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanOriginally Posted By: BobKayFred, I believe that Ken's "rule" is that there exists no need for any forum member here to visit any other site's forum to discuss any hobby (or anything at all). I'll take "Ke
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by huskydave @ 04/21/15 05:09 PM

it doubleposted on me, oh well on the tripower they sound ok for the money but they are not great sounding imho. The Emotiva stuff is built with cheap parts and they don't sound great imo. I would rather buy a used bryston amp than a new Emotiva for
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by michael_d @ 04/21/15 12:21 PM

I just gave the new Ben Howard CD a listen (his second). Hmm….. It’s OK, but not nearly as good as his first CD. If you like Ben Howard’s first CD, you’ll like the new one, but it just doesn’t have the same energy as his first CD. Recording wise, it’
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 04/21/15 10:14 AM

I wonder if I should bring in my HK340 and the MCA50 Amp That would give 380w pch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by a401classic @ 04/21/15 06:21 AM

Watched INCEPTION the other night. may have to watch it again (and again?) to figure out what level its at at any given point. Anyway, GREAT LFE - worth the rematch just to feel the floor move up and down again.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 04/21/15 03:29 AM

You know, Deadbeat on Hulu is funnier than I was expecting.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by cowskeleton @ 04/20/15 10:02 PM

In addendum, what is everyone's opinion on the tripath?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by cowskeleton @ 04/20/15 09:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up on that Sansui. from the looks of it, a legend! Definitely doable price wise too. And regarding the Bryston, if I drop tonnes of money on an amp, should I just get a McIntosh?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by Ken.C @ 04/20/15 07:29 PM

Aaaaand yes.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: World's largest Home Theater for sale on ebay by Serenity_Now @ 04/20/15 06:58 PM

Wow. That is begging for a dump run!! 1985 called..... Its missing its speakers! Next time a comb filtering argument breaks out someone should post a pic of that $100K system. Lol. Horrible.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by Serenity_Now @ 04/20/15 06:44 PM

New oldish news. DTS has withdrawn from the application to be the new broadcast audio format. Now Dolby and MPH are the contenders. DTS will focus on premium cable shows (like HBO) and re-entering the cinema marketplace.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by huskydave @ 04/20/15 06:36 PM

I would look for an older Sansui amp for now such as the au717 they can be had for bargans the sound from those au series is awesome and a lot of times you can pick them up cheap they have a very tube-like sound imo and very low thd numbers. I would
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by bridgman @ 04/20/15 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayFred, I believe that Ken's "rule" is that there exists no need for any forum member here to visit any other site's forum to discuss any hobby (or anything at all). I'll take "Ken" for $200, please. I t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by Ken.C @ 04/20/15 05:30 PM

Bob is absolutely correct. Happy belated, Mark (although I got you on FB).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by BobKay @ 04/20/15 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnson... Today I just actually got to spend some time this afternoon in my workshop!... Did you have your "Its OK for me to have another hobby today" release form signed? Oh yea. Ha
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Thought of the day by BobKay @ 04/20/15 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkFirst off, I got Bob to post all serious like so... I win! I was under the impression that when I did that, everybody loses. Intent can be so fickle.
Home Theater
Well, for one thing, it never says "home theater" anywhere in the listings. that's a venue setup.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Thought of the day by exlabdriver @ 04/19/15 11:42 PM

OK. I really hate to be unqualified. So, I'll have to tell my wife about my new quota & the bigger home that we'll need to house them all. That should help Canada to move up even more in the ratings, ha! TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by fredk @ 04/19/15 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson... Today I just actually got to spend some time this afternoon in my workshop!... Did you have your "Its OK for me to have another hobby today" release form signed? Oh yea. Happy unbirthday.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/19/15 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonNot Mom's....that was last week when I took down her shed and brought it all to the dump! Today I just actually got to spend some time this afternoon in my workshop! J and I just got in from a nice steak dinner.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 04/19/15 08:44 PM

Sounds like fun on Saturday ..... what time ? 902.529.1821
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Thought of the day by craigsub @ 04/19/15 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI have 4 Axiom subs & 13 Axiom speakers in total & I live in Canada. Am I over the world's personal consumption ration?? Who made that study - that wonderful, stalwart & unbiased organization known as t
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.