Yes. I went out and bought it. Well, actually, I purchased it through amazon.

Years back, when I was 9 and visiting my brother while he was stationed in Austin, TX, I listened to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Man, I was both scared and fascinated at the same time. Sadly, I did not know how to care for vinyl records and proceeded to scratch the album, much to the disappointment of my brother. So when I read that is was to be re-released in SACD format, I went on-line and ordered 2 copies.

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon and I immediately put it on. Wow! The mix on this one is truly awesome and adds much more depth than the original. Richard Burton's voice is ever more captivating and Forever Autumn comes across beautifully. Sitting in the sweet-spot with my eyes closed gave me the feeling of being a part of the production.

I called my brother and boy could you hear the quiver in his voice. Took a long time to repay him for my novice mistake but I think he has forgiven me.

If you have listened to the original and enjoyed it, I strongly recommend adding this one to your collection. The clarity is amazing, making me appreciate even more the abilities of Axiom speakers.

Last edited by donjuanmiguel; 07/08/05 10:34 PM.

Axiom stuff, Denon stuff, & Sony stuff