I figured that all of the lucky folks that CAN go to the picnic today had their own thread, so I thought that it would be interesting to see why some of us couldn't go and what we are doing today instead of being at the Axiom picnic.

For me, it was pure distance, and I know that I am not the furthest away, but my wife couldn't go, and if she did, the kids would have to come, so I was left driving 15+ hours each way by myself.

So now, I am at home "helping" my wife with a garage sale (yuck!). Since I am in town, I get the great job of going about 30 miles away to one of our office locations and doing a little tech work. It shouldn't take long, but some how it always goes longer than expected. Then I am off to a co-worker's house to help him build a MAME arcade cabinet. I have all of the tools, and he has no skills, so guess who will be doing all of the work?! I'll make him to some of it by watching me first, then coaching him. Not sure how far we'll get. Then I'll be back home in time to tear down the garage sale. I want to take all of the "left-overs" to Goodwill or some other local donations center and be done with it, but the other people that have stuff at the garage sale want us to keep it until next year. I said, as long as it isn't stored here, I don't care, but it just needs to go so that isn't in my basement anymore (wanting to finish the last of my basement).

Anyway, like usual, a long post of what I am doing today. If things go well, I am going to take my kids to a local amusement park since they are only open for a couple more weekends, and we have season passes. Busy day! I better get to it.

Farewell - June 4, 2020