I was not endorsing a product, simply the technical plan. MarkV mentioned Monster as his choice in the original post, I was working from his choices.

Truth be known, there is a difference in cables and interconnects. I have to temper that statement by saying - "from my experiences, and it is of my opinion". I know this will generate the posts of "he must be crazy", " I read soemwhere", or " Technical test prove...". But the difference is undeniable.

My impression is that most people expect it to be an epiphany when they add better cables. Or, I have heard from people who have lowfi, and feel that by adding better (read more expensive....there is a difference) cables they will be midfi or hifi. Neither of these will happen!

Are there electical reasons for having better(quality, size,etc) cables? - Yes.
Are there audio(sonic, audible) reasons for adding cables? This is the area of subjective thoughts and opinions.

Plain and simple, better cables and interconnects do make a good system more polished and complete. I have many types of cables, and a few systems at various levels (and various extra pieces of gear) that I have drawn these conclusions from.

Your mileage may vary......;)

Regards,

BBIBH