Now you might be wondering about the topic heading, and I’ll explain. Last night, I started to cut the grass. This was the first real cutting of the lawn as we in Southern Massachusetts have had rain nearly every weekend, and True Green keeps fertilizing. While cutting I happened to notice spots where I missed cutting. Veering form my pattern, I zoomed over and hit the missed spots. Continuing with my task, I circled very close to the flowerbed trying to get the last standing blade of grass. Satisfied, I think to myself, perfect. Meanwhile, one of my daughters, who is watching me from the front door, yells out “Dad it’s gonna grow you know, and you’ll just have to do it again”. After hearing her I remembered her asking me what I was doing last Saturday morning when she walked into the family room. I had my tripod, spl meter sitting on top of it, and yes had the on screen display for the Yammi on the set. “You at it again?” she asks. “You did that two weeks ago”. My reply was something like “Just trying to get better sound”.
This is where the topic header takes on meaning. Am I trying to perfect, am I crazy, or am I anal? I have always taken pride in the appearance of the lawn, but thing this Home Theater stuff, and especially Axiom may put me over the edge. Gone are the days of dropping the turntable deck of the “Record Player” and stacking 3 albums so they could drop in succession, gone are the days of hitting the power button on the receiver cranking out tunes, and gone are the days of my sanity.
If any of you fellow Axiom owners is a lawyer, do you think I might have a case against Axiom? That damn company has either driven me to perfection, or to the loony bin with a serious condition of being anal.
To further complicate matters, the weed wacker is hanging on it’s peg in the garage calling me…..