ok. i hooked up my Sansui B-3000 stand alone amplifier tonight, which is 140 watts rms per channel...440 watts total power on 4 channels. i would have thought that my speakers would be LOUDER now, but they are not. i figured the reason i had to turn my pioneer 1015tx up to -5 for happy listening volume was due to the loss of power from the receiver, or that it really was NOT 120 watts rms per channel in stereo...now i gotta wonder if it really is??? could it be that the axioms are just harder to drive than my older Infinity Reference 2000.6 towers??? i mean, my Infinities are a hell of a lot louder at -5 than these axioms are. am i the ONLY person here who listens to their music at basically reference level to be happy? there must be some secret of the universe that i'm missing here right??? please help me figure this out.

i was going to buy a 250 watts/channel amp, thinking i'd get better volume, but now i don't think i really would. what am i missing here???

Axiom M60Ti Infinity 2000.6 x 4 Infinity RS1 rear Infinity CC200 HSU VTF3 - MKII