The M3ti speakers were purchased for use in my home office system, SONY DD receiver, SONY DVD-CD, MP3's and computer audio. I was using my pair of Boston Acoustics CR8c 's I connected the Axiom's to the B-ch so I could A/B compare the two sets. The Axiom's have quite a different sound than the BA's they were a bit light on bass with out some readjustment of the receiver settings. In direct comparison, Bass it's there, just not nearly as pronounced as the BA's yet more detailed and tight, it is not riding over the rest of the sound, on the BA's bass seems to ride into everything making it seem heavier sounding, but not muddled. Axioms, good imaging, soundstage, transparency. I like the sound of both pairs. The BA's have a big rich sound, the mids sound just a bit smoother, heavier bass. The Axiom's are a pleasure to listen to because of the amount of detail you can hear in a good recording.
I like the blues in music. Excellent song to hear the Axiom's detail, Junior Wells' Everybody's gett'n m'some / Use me up. Great song for comparison between these two sets. Of course the BA's sound good but the Axiom's have one sweet delivery allowing you to very clearly pick out any individual instrument and follow it without being lost down in the mix . . Vocal, Bass line, Lead guitar, Rhythm guitar, Drum set, etc.
I still have to try these out on my Outlaw 1050 - Marantz MM9000 combo, If they sound good now - SONY's amps have always sounded a bit "muddy" to me, they sould sound even better with the Outlaw !
I'll A/B them somtime on this system.
At 1/2 the price of the BA's these Axioms are certainly worth a look see. BTW, "B-stock" ??? Perfect cabinetry, one of the binding post lock nuts looks like it might have a small nick on it. Of course it could be something under the cover but it's not obvious.