In reply to:

HERE IS THE ANSWER: Axiom rep also mentioned the ports, so flush-mounting is out.

With a little ingenuinity, anything is possible.

While I would not recommend the following, here is how they could be flush mounted. This would require moderate to expert finishing skill to make it look good.
When building a wall, the area below the ports can also be recessed to allow the ports to breathe. This would result in what would appear as a pocket in the wall below each speaker. If not a fixed screen, then for visual presentation the speakers should not be recessed past the halfway point of the sides (quadrant of the semicircle). IF the screen is fixed, then the speakers could theoretically be fully recessed and the pocket made deeper. Care would have to be taken to seal the speaker to the wall to minimize or eliminate energy loss through the back of the wall.
It really complicates the installation but it could be done. Manufacturers of ported inwall speakers place the ports on the front of the cabinet but then again, these are not inwall speakers (just simply wall speakers). I still prefer the design of the Axiom AS W speakers as they are built to minimize sacrificing sound quality.

It is a shame that you have to install these behind a screen as they are quite attractive speakers. At least that is what my wife tells me. Apparently I have little sense of fashion and what "looks good".