If I decide to mount my pair of QS8 "surround" (side) speakers to the walls of my home theater, one side will be 9 feet from the center viewing area whereas the other speaker will be 12 feet from the center.

My original choice is still an option, which would be to mount them to the underside of the framed out ductwork running between the front and back half of the room. Only problem is tht it puts the tops of the speakers about two inches from the ceiling (something I think I can rectify with a nicely stained piece of oak block to bring them down beneath the acoustical ceiling panels) and about 6.5' to 7' from the floor. On the plus side, this has the advantage of providing symetcial mounting distances from the center listening area.

...so which way do I go? I've read that the QS8's are incredibly forgiving. Is it better to wall mount them with a 3' discrepancy but more space above the top speaker, or mount them equal distances apart, 2" to 4" from the ceiling?

I'm insulating my framed out walls this week in the hope of hanging sheetrock this weekend, so I'm locking down speaker placement.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Spence

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds