OK...last query...until tomorrow!...I just need to clarify if I am right in what I'm thinking, so here goes.

1) I purchase a subwoofer and set the LFE on my receiver to be sent to the subwoofer (NOT both).

2) I set the subwoofer's own crossover to the maximum (As stated in the user guide of my receiver) and the volume control to a low-mid position.

3) I set the subwoofer crossover (On the receiver) to 80Hz.

If I was to carry out all of the above, am I right in saying that the LFE channel will be sent to the subwoofer? (Due to the fact that I didn't set the LFE to BOTH on my receiver) And will this be the ENTIRE LFE channel? i.e. NOT just LFE signals below 80Hz? Also, should there be any sounds lower than 80hz on the front L and R channels, these would be sent to the subwoofer along with the LFE channel?

Also, if there is no LFE channel present, i.e. if I'm listening to music, am I right in saying that only a small amount of bass will be taken from the M3's and directed to the subwoofer? (Due to the M3's only going as low as around 60Hz.) And most of this bass would not have been audible through the M3's anyway? If all my assumptions here are correct, wouldn't a crossover of the 60Hz lowest capability of the M3's be more suitable for my listening? (The idea of too much bass being separated to just one part of the room is off-putting) I should receive a more 'full' sound without it being overpowering, and I should be able to take advantage of the full LFE (Entirely from the subwoofer, no LFE at all from the L and R channels)? In simple terms, the subwoofer would be used more heavily for movies than with music listening, without having to modify any settings between listening to the various types?

Thanks for the help.

As for the VP100, it is mounted higher than the other speakers, so increasing the volume of than channel has appeared to help as it is the furthest away from the listening position. I have also noticed that Dolby Digital soundtracks do not seem to have the same clarity as DTS through the VP-100. Whether this is common or not I'm not sure. Thanks for the help, all is much appreciated.