Mike, I would take some time to read the threads on the AVSforum "DIY Screen Forum" .... I think a lot of things have changed since I did my first painted screen over a 1.5 yrs ago. I know the MMud formula, which they now call Light Fusion, used to have a person put 1-2 coats of the Silver on first, letting each one dry, they the mud goes on top in vary thin coats as well, untill you can barely see a hint of the metalic. The top coat is translucent enough that it lets light pass through and reflect off the silver. Some people are now using plexi mirror, or even mirrors to substitute the Silver and just applying the mud on top. Others mix a certain percentage of Silver into the mud.

Also, I experiemented with many test pieces before I sprayed my wall, and there is a science to that as well. You could send MississippiMan a PM on AVS forum, he will give you all the details.

Or, you could try the Silverscreen option, not as many ingrediants. For me, I spent countless hours talking to the paint experts on AVS, spent lots of time spraying small samples before I actually did my first wall on my upstairs theater room. After we had our second son, he got that room, so I had to start over downstairs.

Personally, if it was me, I would just buy material, build a frame, and stretch the material over the frame like my current screen. I love the performance of this screen. Nickbuol, another member on this website, bought his screen from Carada, they make awesome screens with a border incorporated in with the screen at good prices.

Again, the ingrediants listed above where one of the first versions of the mud formula, I'm sure it has changed somewhat since a year ago.

I just checked the forum, and it appears there is a new mix in town that consists of:

16 oz. - Behr Ultra Pure White Flat Exterior (HD) $10
8 oz. - Behr Deep Base Flat Exterior (HD) $9
16 oz. - Delta Ceramcoat Pearl #02601 (Michaels) $8
8 oz. - Delta Ceramcoat Metallic Silver #02603 (Michaels) $4
10 oz. Minwax Polycrylic Satin Finish (HD) $14
6 oz. Distilled or Tap Water

Here is the questions forum for that mix.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=593772&highlight=ceramcoat

So you can see it is constantly evolving. If you have the time ti figure it all out and test, go for it....I spent a lot of time doing that, now I just enjoy everything.

ps: My ceiling was done a darker blue to match my walls, the back wall behind the screen is black. Make sure you don't use a gloss or semi gloss, or you will get reflections in the room.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85