Trust me, Bruce. Rocket gets it share of the same garbage. The brand hasn't gotten much flack lately because there simply haven't been many recent threads concerning Rockets, while there have been a number of threads about Axiom over the past few months. Guys like the one in the Klipsch thread just focus on whatever speaker thread deals with a brand they dislike or whose success they view as threatening.

Recently one poster at AVS expressed an interest in an new Emotiva product soon to be released by av123. He wanted more information and said: "I guess I will have to go to the AV123 forums, which I assume will be very biased".

My reply:

"Of course people at av123 are biased. Do you feel you get unbiased opinions here [AVS forum]? Everyone here has their biases. The difference is, at av123, most, but not all, of those biases favor av123 products, while here we have a smörgåsbord of biases.

I'm one who believes there is no such thing as an unbiased opinion or, for that matter, an unbiased human being. I am skeptical of those who claim they, or their opinions, are unbiased. Sometimes, if the circumstances are right, we can get close to an unbiased opinion, but even that's rare.

Shoot, I can be watching a football game in which I have no vested interest in who is victorious, and I suddenly realize I'm rooting for one of them. When I start to examine why I'm pulling for that particular team, I find the answer can be something as simple as I don't like the other team's uniforms.

I don't feel there's anything wrong with having biases. The problems arise when one fails, or is unwilling, to recognize and admit their bias, and thus doesn't allow for, or try to prevent, those biases influencing their opinions or behavior.
"

Are we biased here? Of course we are. We happen to hold Axiom the company, and Axiom the product in high regard, and this IS the Axiom forum. Anyone who comes here for information should assume that bias, and allow for it. That being said however, many times other companies products are often recommended here. We do a pretty good job of keep the correct goal in mind, which is helping the one seeking information to obtain a system with which they will be happy. The same can not be said for all too many at the AVS forum.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton