Hi all. I've been reading the forums for a while and the axiom community has a great vibe. I've learned quite a bit.

So I'm about to buy some M80ti's for my great room. As you can imagine, I'm very excited. I've decided to purchase a Denon receiver to power my M80ti's (instead of a separate amp) based on many posts throughout the forums. I was originally looking at a Denon 3805. I was all set to buy when I decided to check the back of my Panasonic HDTV, and lo and behold, I found a "digital in" port in addition to the component video in ports.

So then I thought about getting a receiver the appropriate Digital in/out video capability to take advantage of that feature on my TV. Problem is, I can't find one with the appropriate ports. The 3806 has HDMI ports, but they look like a different a interface than my digital ports on my TV, HD cable box, and HD satellite box.

Here are my questions -

1) Are the component video ins and outs "good enough", or should I be looking at a receiver utilizing the digital in/outs?

2) Is there a difference between "digital" and "HDMI"?

3) Is it worth the extra expense to buy a receiver w/ HDMI/digital in and out capability vs. one without (like the 3805)?

4) My DVD player only has component video outs. Does this mean if I don't have analogue - HDMI upconversion on my receiver then I can't watch movies properly?

5) I have a huge room (roughly 34' X 17' X 15'- maybe about 7500 cubic feet ) that the speakers are going in, but It is all hardwood and there is very little material other that a couple of couches to absorb the sound. Can I get away with the M60's or should I go ahead and get the M80s?

6) Lastly - Should I abandon the whole all-in-one amp/receiver and get separate units?

I realize many of these questions are judgement calls - Give me your opinion. Thanks in advance for the help.