Audio was a good mag, and I'm not just saying that in case Alan's around!

I used to get Stereo Review (now Sound and Vision) for about 15 years. Currently, I get Sound and Vision, Home Theater, and Stereophile. Out of them, I like Home Theater best.

Sound and Vision has leaned further and further towards the beginner with no depth at all to their reviews and too many "how to buy a plasma"-type articles that are geared for the Best Buy and Circuit City-level of buyers. Also, it feels like every third article is about iPods and iPod gadgets. Stereophile is, in my personal opinion, a joke filled with completely subjective, biased, BS reviews of equipment that no one can afford anyway. I do like how passionate they are about music, though, with in-depth interviews of artists and reviews of discs. As long as I've been getting Sound and Vision, I'm going to let it lapse. Stereophile was a one-year affair because of an offer for $1 an issue. I feel dirty and in need of a shower for even ordering it.

That leaves Home Theater, which I'll continue subscribing to. They review a range of equipment from inexpensive to what I consider moderately high-end, and don't get too bogged down with portables, etc.

The only website where I read reviews is Audioholics.

Despite my rants, the best thing, especially if you're new to the hobby, is pick up a few issues of each and decide for yourself!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::