It was time to get back to working on the tile for the kitchen and then finish up the marble tile for the rest of the first floor area. Started after Christmas and progress is slow as I keep adding things as I work. The next 3 pics are before starting with the tile.

The next three pics are of the progress as of this morning. I decided to add the grantie tile for the toe kick area of the cabinets and as a base trim around the island. Since the counter tops and all of the solarium is of the same granite, seems like this will help make the transition from the two areas rather seamless. The unfinished wall (solarium side) to the left is still waiting for the grainite tile, and now have decided to wrap the grainte around that wall to the kitchen side.

So for the past several days have been thinking of how to solve the pantry door issue, as the grainte tile on the wall could be a conflict of sorts. Well at Home Depot yesterday picking up some sponges, I found a solution the door issue. A wine cooler has been on the request list from Ken for a long time, so with a few measurments and some thinking, decieded to add it now.

The cooler has two areas that have storage for 18 bottles each, seperate temp controls for each area (red/white wines). The interior lights are on a seperate power button, the the blue display times out after two minutes of no activity. This was rather important as they are rather bright at night, and could be a problem when the big screen/projector go in. The cooler will be trimed out and the space above it will be converted to wine glass storage.......in my spare time. Any and all comments are welcome, the interior designer is visiting today to give her opinion.....but rather late to change much. lol