I received my EP350 today, and hooked it up to my Yamaha HTR-5860 (RX-V657) using a half decent cable (Acoustic Research).

The cable runs from the pre-out RCA jack on the reciever, to the "Line Level In" RCA jack on the sub.

As per the Yamaha manual, I turned the X-Over Frequency control on the sub all of the way up (120hz), and adjusted the volume to 4 (out of 10). I then ran the automated YPAO calibration on the receiver. There was a little volume coming out of the sub during calibration, but not much.

I then put in The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over. Was the sub working? Yes, a little. I then decided to put in an action movie, and decided on The Transporter. Was the sub working? Yes, but again, only a little. I adjusted the volume control, but it really didn't make a difference. With the volume control set to zero, I couldn't hear anything, but when set from 1- 10, it didn't seem to make a difference.

If it means anything, the cooling fins on the back of the sub were still cool after an hour of use.

BTW, I love the QS8s, I had no problem hooking them up at all.