Hello all...figured I'd finally sign up, and join this community. I was referred by my brother, who is also a member of the forums...so, I guess the 'Axiom' product line speaks for itself, alongside his guidance. Now, on to the good stuff...and the reason I joined. Knowledge.
I am in a state of limbo...and will hopefully be moving to a bigger and better place, in terms of housing within the next few months. (fingers crossed). Currently, I sold all my older Sony stuff, alongside yamaha satellites, etc. Done.

Now, in my current apt. I have a LR that is about 16 wide by 22 long. Ideal, one would think for the perfect setup. However, the older woman that lives below us...well, let's just say we get the point. It's only a matter of time till we move on, to a house...where crankin' it up, isn't gonna be an issue...(or so I hope)!

So, I have looked at receivers. I have searched here, and read. I've done some homework. Here's my choice of receivers to go along with the xbox 360, dvd player, and eventually, an LCD HDTV display.

HK AVR-7300 -- I can get the one on one-call for a decent price, or can even drive into NYC to get it...no biggie. Ebay has one refurb listed, but it's getting up there, in price...so, might as well get a new one, at their significantly reduced price.

Second, the Boston Acoustics AVR7120. I have read some good reviews, and as such BA is a pretty nice company, when it comes down to it.

Third, the Onkyo SR803 (S -- I would like the silver one). Lots of comparable features, the cheapest of the bunch...etc.

All three are within almost the same price range...so, no issues there.

Now, the speakers. I was looking at the outlet store, and seem to like the setup that my brother has -- 2 M80's, 4 QS8's, EP500, and VP150 (let's hope I got all that correct). However, for here, it's going to be a bit much...remember the old lady here. The new place (depending on what happens) will probably have a nice space (trust me, I am looking for it...) so, might it be better to just start with 2 M80's, and 1 VP150, for now, and then move onto other things? Which of the three receivers will handle this...(I know the HK will) how about the other two. So many questions, so many questions...

Anyway, apologies for the long rant...and TIA for all your support, and welcomes. Take care. i.