I have M3Tis being driven by a NAD C320BEE (with C542 for CD source, and soon to hopefully be a Rega P2 through a NAD PP-2 for vinyl with an eventual preamp upgrade). I've not heard the M22s much but overall I like the warmer midrange sound of the M3s and the smooth detailed response they have when mated with the NAD...

But now I want to extend and improve my bass a little. Without a dedicated sub out and crossover options I'd really like a sub that had high-pass options to control what bass the M3s will be responsible for but I'm not sure how necessary that will ultimately be.

I've looked at the HSU STF-1 and the Outlaw LFM-2 as a couple possibilities. This is going in my bedroom which is about 12x14x7 or so feet and more importantly I'm on a budget as a graduate student and would like to keep it under $500. I'm not looking for tons of bass, I listen to rock mainly (classic and new) and just want to enhance my bottom end a little.

I've seen a lot of threads on the topic, most say the M22tis are better when matched with a sub. I found them a bit brighter than the M3s so I'm hoping to find a nice balance that will compliment the M3s well.

Axiom M3Ti NAD C320BEE, C542, PP-2, Rega P2 w/ Denon DL110 Grado SR325 HT in the living room