I'm not sure if you are still looking for information, I seem to bit a little late to the party. I owned the Monitor 7v2 for 4 years, and currently own the Studio 60v2. I also performed a double blind A/B test between my Studio 60v2 and the Axiom M60 last winter.
First to your question, in my opinion, the Axiom M60 will easily outperform the Monitor 7. The Monitor 7 was a good speaker, and was in my opinion a great value, but it is not nearly as accurate as the Axiom.
In my double blind A/B, myself and the 3 others in the room agreed that both were very good speakers. After we tallied the score, speaker B won for me (turned out to be the Paradigm), while the others scored the Axiom as the favorite. The term that is often used to describe the two speakers is 'similarly good'. The Studio 60 is more expensive, so the decision would come down to individual preference. But going back to the original question, if I had to choose between the Axiom M60 and the Paradigm Monitor 7, I’d take the Axiom in a heartbeat.
As for the comment of the real wood on the Paradigm, as someone else pointed out, currently only the Signature series offer real wood.