Y'know, I was just looking at the 1 vs 2 graph and thinking "if the sub had been more like 5.5 feet from the wall, not 7.5 (middle), that would explain why we're seeing a dip at 50 rather than taking down the 38 hz peak a bit".

Do those dimensions fit ? I'm not completely hopeful because the centerline of the sub was probably a couple of feet from the wall already to leave room for the M60...

If the sub might have been 5.5-ish feet from the wall in graph #2, however, any chance you could try with the centerline of the sub about 7 feet from the left side wall ? I assume that's the "Ice Block" wall not the one on the right ?

Note that the calculated distance is about 7.5 feet (1130 / 38 / 4) to give a quarter wavelength at 38 Hz -- I subtracted 6 inches or so for the ICF foam and your wall framing etc...

[EDIT] Hold on -- graph #3 has that 50 Hz dip as well. I don't understand that at all... Randy, hold off on moving the sub until we figure this one out.

JohnK, any idea where the 50 Hz dip is coming from ? It's a bit dramatic to just be "the hole between the 38 and 57 Hz peaks" but maybe with the sub against the wall the effect of the peaks is being accentuated that much.

If so... "mmmm, bass traps" says Homer.

Last edited by bridgman; 07/07/06 01:38 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8