I'm getting ready to order M60's for my system. Currently I have M22 as mains, and the VP100 in center, and due to me being a poor 20 something, my Dad's old Dynaco A20's or something in the rear position.

So since I'm dealing with an incomplete speaker setup, I obviously need to buy another set of Axioms and I'm planning on moving the M22's to the rear and ordering M60's for the front.

What I'm wondering is how these two speakers compare for medium and sometimes low volume listening levels. I generally watch my movies late at night when everyone has gone to bed, and I can get away with a pretty good volume because my system is in my basement, but I can rarely give a good fullish output to the speakers.

So I'm wondering if the M60's would do aswell filling out the room (maybe 15'x14') on a lower side of medium volume.

I'm using only a Yamaha RXV757 btw.

The reason I decided on the M60 versus another pair of M22s is the fact that I would also need to buy stands for the M22's bringing their price only a couple hundred less than the M60, and music is much more important than movies to me as far as sound reproduction goes. And I'd love to have a nice pair of my own floor standers

So, people who own the m60 do they work well at low volumes?