Hi Kids,

OK - Am still as mental for my M80s as I was Day One - can't get any real (read honey-do) work done anymore. So it goes

Considering expanding the sound a bit with a sub. Couple of questions:

1) Has anyone set up an HK 3480 to run a sub? There is a line out to use with a powered sub. Pretty minimal control, it seems.
2) Will placing a sub too close to the CD player cause problems (eg, sub-sonic vibration leads to tracking probs/jitter etc)?
3) Care to recommend the minimum sub to play nicely with M80's? Not using it for HT - strictly 2 Channel (2CH+SW) audio/SACD. I am not interested in replicating Thunder such that God loses the contest. I want something musical - happy to flesh out DSOTM as well as Modern Cool. FWIW, I am not at all unhappy with the spectrum of the M80s 'as is' - but am thinking a well balanced sub might be a nice addition.

My listening room is set up such that the M80's are 12" (to rear of speaker) from the wall and 9 feet (on center) apart. My chair sits 9 feet from each at the apex of an equilateral triangle. The walls behind the speaker and behind my chair are 12 feet apart. Ceiling is vaulted about 13 feet high at its peak.The Audio components sit exactly between the speakers. The sub will have to sit just to the Right or Left of the 28" component stand.

Hope this finds you all immersed in beautiful sound! & Thanks!

M80v2
Outlaw RR2150
Denon 3910