Wow...those looked nice, but didn't know they were THAT expensive. I'll be spending that on the TV already! If I would go that route, I'd have to make sure it had enough room in case I wanted a bigger screen 10 years down the road, or whenever I upgrade beyond what I am about to get.

I got frustrated not finding anything last night and started to put together a plan for a custom design. I'm currently thinking 3 shelves, the top being 8" high and about 48" wide to hold the center and receiver, next one down is 7" high to hold the 2 DVD players and the HD box from comcast on one side, and the VCR (with extra room to replaced that with HTPC later) on the other side. The lower shelf would likely be a slide out drawer to store media in and would be about 6" high. That puts me at 21", plus whatever 1/4" of wood are needed in places between the shelves, the top, etc. Total height I am guessing around 23-24. A little taller then I wanted, but it is either that or make it shorter and a lot longer so the speakers on on the TV stand instead of their own. I'm also thinking about dividing up the left and right for the lower two shelves. Stack the DVD/HD as mentioned, but have the VCR below that. It is only 4" high, but that shelf could be 5.5" to have room to grow. The other side could then be two 6.25" shelves/drawers for media storage. That shaves 1/2 inch off the height at least, every little bit counts I guess.

Only other thought is have the center and VCR on the same shelf at only 42" across. Receiver and DVD/HD stack on next shelf, and only have two shelves. Then there would be room on one side for a media stack, extending the width of the cabinet another 6-8 inches. That might make it tight to have room for HTPC in place of VCR at some point though, I don't know how compact some of those cases are.

Looks like this post just turned into my brainstorming on paper. If I'm missing something let me know. I can't really go more then 53" across. The wall is 85" and the base of each speaker stand is about 16". Even that pushes one stand right up against the wall, instead of the couple of inches of breathing room I have now. Which puts the front right speaker that much more into the corner.