The problem with mounting the QS8's is I have a room shaped as an open ended on one side. I am not able to mount the QS8s with the wall bracket at a 90 degree angle off the back wall, it would need to be on a side wall which i don't have have on one side .

All your suggestions have been very helpfull. I will most likly get the "3b" option. I have heard the M60 are sufficient in any room size. Plus I would be avioding upgraditis altogether (i can use that as a selling feature for the wife).

I priced out all the factory disounted models and such, to get option 3 with a sub as well costs 477 dollars more than option 1 (about the price of a centre channel).

I am pretty much sold on the M60's, even though i have a smaller room I want to get something that will blast at high volumes and produce great vocals with low ends (which the M22s lack I hear).

Last my wife heard from me, i told her 5K was the amount I was spending for the HT (including cables/AE900U projector/Yamaha V1600 reciever etc...). It seems after I have been browsing these forums my budget just jumped around 1K to $6000.

I should mention that I am a drummer by trade, went to music school, have worked in studios and I love good sound which is why the M60's are so appealing to me.

-Robb.

Last edited by Hutzal; 07/28/06 02:14 PM.