Quote:

Well, I am in my house now, my room dimensions are 16 x 14 x 8 and a totally enclosed space.

This will be my LAST question of advise from you Axiom Owners, please don't get annoyed!

I am re-considering my position on the M60s simply because they are HUGE and may not be ideal for placement (physically) in my room due to the position of the screen and its relation to the door to the room (it may run the risk of getting bumped into by unsuspecting people in my house. And the fact that they take up alot of room.

Would the following work in my small room at high listening levels? It is about 1800 cubic feet of space.

2 x M3 (I know, big downgrade from the M60)
2 x QS8
1 x VP100
1 x SVS PB10-NSD

Main Listening Position will be roughly 11 feet from the speakers and 4 feet from the back wall and I could set the crossover for the sub at 80hz giving some breathing room to the M3s.

I was thinking today that I could easily downgrade for my room size, I am planning on building a studio in the basement as well, If the M3s don't work out for the theatre I will upgrade and put the M3s in the Studio, either way they will be used.

But I guess my next question would be what is better for studio monitors, the M22s or the M3s? Ths may influence my decision.

Anyone using these as studio monitors?

-Robb.

Ok. I ain'ta gonna recommend nothin', but in my old house.....

In my old house with a 13X28X8 room I had three M3s across the front and they worked GREAT!! It was a "good" room and the imaging and soundstage were spot-on. I could even tell the colors of the back-up singers dresses in one number.

Yeah; it was that good.(well; almost )
Rich.