Well actually Ken, my favorite bourbon is Bookers, and it’s about $60 a bottle. It’s the big brother to Knob Creek and Bakers. Kin to Jim Beam. There’s not that many others I like but Maker’s Mark. I had a horrible fight with JD when I was 16 and I’m still wearing the scares from that one. Still can’t drink it 25 years later….. I woke up in the bathtub with my very amused father standing over me at the controls of the cold water two days after my senior party without any recollection of the last two days. I found my precious 81 Trans-am covered with regurgitated ???, missing the T-tops, scratched to hell and out of gas on the middle of a frozen lake a week later. Someone (presumably me) thought he was the Bandit.

I have another drink recipe to share that I made last night. All this foo-foo talk inspired a trip to the liquor store last night. I broke down and picked up a bottle of flavored vodka and must admit that it is quite good. I may have to reconsider my stance on these flavored vodka’s after all. It’s a lot easier to buy them than make them. The bottle is Finlandia Wild Berry vodka.

I think I’ll call it a passion martini.

Two parts wild berry Finlandia
One part Bacardi Passion Fruit rum
One part cranberry
Splash of lime juice
Shake and strain.
Very fruity but yet still stiff like a martini. I suspect some Cointreau or simple syrup might be good for those who want less bite, but I liked it just the way described so I didn’t try to sweeten it up any.
I also tried it without the lime and for some odd reason, the lime brought out the berry flavor.