Quote:

Since the original question was partly "what have you done to improve room acoustics" I think you should at least be mentioning the moose head

Ah...the moose head! Yeah, the Wife put the stop to that when I wanted to mount the head down at the fireplace opening level where it would do a better job reflecting the sounds between the speakers and our ears, rather than up above the mantle. I was really out-voted though when I asked if she would upholster the antlers with an additional layer of sound absorbant antler-colored felt.

Yeah; she drew the line.

I have actually added a few absorbant items strategectly located around the room that helps some, plus did some final locating and dialing-in of the speakers, but if I really want to have a serious listening session, I still have to move my chair to the sweet spot a bit foreward and somewhat to my right. So it's not only the reflections, but the general inescapable layout of the room.

....at least I don't have to drag out the big pillows or place chairs on the couch to the side anymore!

I miss my old house!!! I could tell the color of the dresses on the back-up singers!

But yeah, a great room would be better than headphones, but the headphones are more obtainable, and give me a highly portable way to approximate my Axioms in the stereo mode!

And I did pick cans with my Axioms' sound as the goal! And they match quite well!!

I still wonder about the moose head though.
Rich.