Quote:

28 - 23, Rosewood. Would it be reasonable to say both finishes are appreciated?

Of course! A very true statement, indeed. This is why I need the advice. I can visualize it both ways and I agree that either way will look good.

Mdrew: You make a good point, and this was actually my initial reason for considering rosewood, just because the Cherry is not a "perfect" match (but it is pretty close). I also agree with your statement about Rick, not because of his age- but because I've seen the pics of his fantastic room and it is apparent he has great taste.

Rick, I love the look and feel from your place- it is so soothing and relaxing just from viewing the pics. I wish I could spend some time there enjoying that Clapton DVD. I've had that version of "Bellbottom Blues" stuck in my head and not been able to watch/listen to it. My receiver is still out of service (referenced in this thread) since July 5th when I sent it in for minor issue. It came back July 28th and after hooking everything back up, I found that I could get no audio whatsoever from it. Spent some time on the phone with Harman International to no avail. It is believed that UPS must of dropped it, although there were no visible signs of damage to the box. So it went back a second time on August 1st and will probably won't be back for another 2 weeks more or so.

At least this gives me more time in the theater with the lights on instead of off, so that I can make a better decision.

I know it is only in jest that half the members will be "angry" with the decision, but since this is proving to be not easy- how about I get the M80s and VP150 in Cherry, and the EP500 and QS8s in Rosewood??? Would Ken still be furious with that? Maybe I should start another poll?

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/