Yeah; it seems as though things have gotten better in the last year or two in the M60 camp. There used to be lots of comments, about adding resistors to tame the "brightness" and then there was the sibilance, and excess forewardness, and that kind of thing. All those complaints seem to have dried up even before the "v2" was added.

I do suspect by the timing of the release of the new graphs by Ian of the M50 first, followed by the release of the M60 graph later, that the M50s that I'd purchased were of the new v2 variety. It's only conjecture, but I wonder if the M50 was made "flatter," since it varies more from the old M3s 1-2K peaks and valley than I would have expected, and that the M60 was made "flatter" as well in the areas where brightness would have been more of a problem. If that were the case; the M50 and the M60 would have even more of a family resemblance than what they had before. And in fact are even more of a bargan than they were before! My comment about going with M60 today has more to do with matching up even better than the M50s do now with the center and surround speakers that Axiom has every reason to be proud of.

.....now if Axiom would produce a 6.5" bassed set of centers and surrounds!!

Anyway; I do know that to my ears, and in this room, the v2 M50s sound great and I wouldn't abandon my darlings or the M50 posse for a minute!!
Rich.

Last edited by F107plus5; 08/12/06 06:31 PM.