*sigh*

And so my sub problems begin.

When I watched...what was it...Behind Enemy Lines on the lower "blue" couch, the sub sounded fabulous. Perfectly mixing with my M22's. Well, today I decided to sit up top so I could hear my wonderful QS4's work their magic, and realized the sub was incredibly boomy.

So, I started moving my sub. The problem is, the way my cords have to get routed, I only have about a foot of slack to work with, so moving my sub consists of getting the most out of the cord, and moving the sub in a circle around the cord so the back where the cord "ends" stays in the same spot, if that makes any sense.

So I moved it about a foot, and huge differences could be heard, the sub was definately a lot less audibly heard, but not nessesarily mixing with the mains as well. My friend who has pretty good ears said the sub didn't sound as good when I moved it.

It looks like I'm just going to get a cord from bluejeanscable and get an extender for my sub.

First of all, is there a male-to-male connector I can get somewhere for cheap? That is probably the easy question.

Second of all, about the positioning of my sub. The picture I showed you is pretty much exactly half of my room, the other side just has 2 closets and a bunk bed. I intend to move the sub somewhere in there.

The biggest problem of all is that some peoples heads are about 7-8 feet above other people's heads, and the top row has their heads against a wall. I tried putting the sub on the chair sideways (pointing towards the "theater" area) and it sounded alright, but was very directional for the blue couch since it was pointing RIGHT at them.

Another option is to put the sub behind the blue couch, but it would be under the other couch and below thick wood, I don't think it would sound very good under there, or would it?

All I know is I have a lot of sub moving to do. Problem is I can't really crawl around to find my sub location, unless I levetate.

Is all hope lost?

Maybe one of you audio experts who spent years moving a sub around a room could lend some advice. I'm really a huge noob when it comes to that because mostly I've just had one spot and one and only spot to put my sub, and it always sounded good in that spot.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2