I actually do not run the fan when powering off. In the 2 projectors over the years I cut power to the projector once I'm done. I let the bulb and components cool down on its own account without the use of fan blowing in high mode to cool the unit down. Years ago (maybe about 7 I think)an AVSer did a test with his 4 projectors at work that was used fairly often. On the 2 units that cut off power vs units that were powered down using fan the bulb life on the powered off units lasted much longer based on his observations. To this day each of the projectors I have owned each lasting for about 3+ yrs each have yet to change the bulb even with the high hours.

My thinking is that a bulb is super hot and it gets cooled down quickly. Do this many times the components ends up contracting and expanding too quicky and eventually creates cracks.

This is just my personal observation. I have yet to change the original bulbs that came with the unit. My dad X1 is past 3000 hrs and it as good as it was years ago,.

Last edited by Saturn; 10/03/06 11:11 PM.