Hi, I am a complete novice when it comes to speakers. I became interested in Axiom speakers based on the positive word of mouth and the 30-day trial policy.

I don't know which model to choose from in the Axiom line-up. My room is 116x136 (W x L), and it's carpeted. This is not a dedicated listening room, as I have a bed and a desk in it. I want speakers that have decent bass extension but are not boomy. I'd rather have the bass taut, instead of slow and muddy. I also want speakers that can throw a decent soundstage and are free of sibilance.

So based on what I've said, do you Axiom-owners think that the floorstanding models in the Axiom line are overkill for my room? Should I just stick with stand-mounted bookshelves instead? Because the last thing I want is a pair of speakers that will overwhelm my room.

BTW, this will be a strictly 2-channel setup: so no surrounds, centers, or a subwoofer. As for amplification, it will either be my 30WPC Class-A Pass Labs Aleph 3 or some kind of solid-state amp with 100wpc+ output. My source is a Lavry DA10 D/A convertor.