Quote:

Robb, it's unclear why your center speaker would have to be recessed rather than being at the front edge of the rack. No, it wouldn't make a "huge" difference, but the diffraction should be avoided if at all possible. My suggestion would be to consider a third M22 positioned vertically under the screen as the center and to rearrange the rack to the extent necessary to provide the room.

Isn't it advisable to have the centre channel flush with the left and right mains? Would it matter much if the centre channel was a foot or so in front of the mains?

I could make the rack a little lower to the groud thus providing enough room for me to make a riser of some sort to stick the centre channel on to lift it off of the rack a couple inches, would this be sufficient?

Or should I try and stick a rack some place else? I was planning on putting the sub in the back right hand corner of the room with a bass trap on top of it (ala Ethan Winer). I guess I could stick that bass trap at the back of the room in the corner near the seating area. Technically it would provide the same amount of bass because it is omnidirectional? And then I could stick my rack in the corner leaving a whole front of space for the centre channel to be mounted on a stand or something.

EDIT: a vertical M22 would be good because I am only alotting 30" below the bottom of the screen in order to put the picture around 1/3 from the bottom at eye level. Hence not enough room.

-Hutz

Last edited by Hutzal; 09/22/06 04:57 AM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com