I agree about the upscaling on the Toshiba HD DVD players. I had a Samsung upscaling DVD player, and it doesn't hold a candle to the HD DVD player's upscaling.

I'm up to 16 HD DVDs, but I think I really like only half of those. I bought a lot of DVDs I didn't really love when they first started coming out, too. Like I just got The Perfect Storm, since it's one of the few that has a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack. I had never seen it before, but the reviews on Amazon.com made it seem like it didn't suck COMPLETELY. Well, the drama was inflated, and the score made it even hokier. It was a really feeble grab at my heartstrings. That being said, the picture was nice enough, and the sound, too. I hope more studios hurry up with the releases, though, so I don't get sidetracked by stuff I'm unsure about.

I see that Casablanca is coming out on HD DVD soon. I'll get it even though I already have the DVD, and I don't really know how much the higher resolution will help an old black and white film. I'm a good consumer.

C.V.