Quote:

Here is a good article, http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/131062.html
I would think even the Axiom bookshelfs would do a better job on the low end than those Best Buy speakers.

Yeah, but many people are blinded by reviews. Granted, that is what gets the word out about Axioms. For example, one reviewer said that they loved the Athena WS-100 (oops, I mean "Other speakers") but in the end only gave them a 3 out of 5 star rating on performance. However, the reviewer's wife loved the way they looked, so looks must be better than sound??? That's crazy-talk!
Someone with a little more time can compare graphs, and voice first hand experience. Don't get me wrong, the speakers are priced low, but a low price tag on a speaker with that many "woofers" usually means more "show" than "go" in my book. Again, not saying to not consider them, but the freq. response and timbre factors should be more important than price if possible.

(Boy, does it seem so wierd to make some of those statements about low cost since Axioms are low cost, but "cheap does not = inexpensive", and "bargain does not = value")

Farewell - June 4, 2020