Thanks all for the replys.Jakeman,I will try that tonight.Auto setup on the Boston actualy comes out right where it does on manual but I will try the level with the disc and sub only,sounds like a good idea.There is no sub delay-distance setting I can find,hmmm,only speakers?.
I ran it again this am and it matches what I came up with using the test disc,then in the trim menu it shows them all set as 0.I do then bump up the surrounds +1 just for personal prefference.Hmmm,it just seems no matter where I set the 350 at using the reciever test tone peggs out the spl meter?.Guess I have to use S&V to get any kind of accurate reading.
I know I had it set to high from the begining,maybe around 7:00 is right.You and Sirquack have given me something to work with.Like I posted earlier I was lost,expert A says set rec.gain at -10 and calibrate,expert B says +10 and calibrate,expert C says both are the same????? ARGH!! but set at +4 should have just started with my fellow ownwers here and saved myself the agravation.Just thought it might be a quirk of the Boston 120-Sherwood r-965.
Al

M60-VP150-M3-EP350
Boston AVR7120