Whether you will have to, or should re-calibrate depends on your speakers. It’s hard to comment or suggest much without knowing that, can you include that info?

My most recent calibration episode using the Avia test DVD over the last few days proved to me that changing X-overs does change LFE levels to the speaker. When messing with it, I changed the mains from 80 to 60 and nothing much changed. But when I changed the other speakers from 80 to 100, the LFE on those channels went up about 10 db’s. This helped out quite a bit. It helped balance the LFE throughout the room and got rid of the extra high peaks in volume during some actions scenes. Not that I don’t like to hear my 600 rattle doors and windows, but it is pretty distracting when sound levels range from 60 to 100 db’s.

One thing you may want to do is lower your split. Calibrating to sub to be 10 db higher seams excessive to me. I have mine calibrated to as close to the speaker levels as I could get it with the sub set to -6 on the AVR. Then if I get the itch to have more LFE, I can just go to the AVR settings and raise it some. But now I know that – 6 is the same as the speakers. We watched the LOTR, Return of the King extended version last night and I never felt the urge to bump up the sub.