......Video processing.

I'm beginning to think this doesn't exist, but I'm looking for just that, separates with HDMI gazinto's and gazouta's but no video processing.

I use an external video processor and have found that HDMI, (besides being a POS, inbred mistake and totally botched roll out)....is the future and we're all stuck with it.

I need to input all my devises into the VP so that I can set them up differently (calibration, input and output aspect ratios, interlacing, etc..). From the VP, the video signal goes to my projector via HDMI. I would like to route the HDMI to a pre-amp first so that I can get full HD Dolby to it. The VP will only output the full audio via HDMI.

So I'm looking for a set up that will "pass" a clean HDMI video signal to the projector without messing with it, but process the audio in the latest greatest Dolby / DTS formats.

Seeing how I've got a HK 745 in the mail to me replacing my dead 7300, I figured I might as well look at buying something different and selling the HK while it's still "new in the box". After two HK flagship AVRs dieing on me, I'm ready to try something different.