Quote:

I've found in my situation watching on a 42' plasma, that HDDVD is far superior to standard DVD's as well as to broadcasts shown in HD over DirecTv.
I've read before that some people who are using projectors have not felt the benefits of HD vs SD were significantly different.
I've compared King Kong, Polar Express and Corpse Bride from HD DVD to DVD and in each case there is a world of difference, of course there are different qualities of HDDVD as well as standard DVD's, but for the ones I own I would have to rate them visually a 10.

Interesting . . .

I have only seen Comcast's HD signal and I can't imagine seeing anything better. INHD used to have this five minute documentary on Africa and I would swear the screen was the proverbial window looking into the African Savannah. I have not heard many good thing's about Direct TV's HD broadcasting but I have not seen it myself so I can't comment.

I hope I am not limited by my PJ but since I have seen glorious HD programming, I think I'll be okay. Also, Batman isn't the best HD-DVD title as I mentioned. That isn't to say it looks bad or doesn't look a lot better than an SD-DVD, I just didn't get the wow factor I was after.

It would interesting to get together with some folks who have all the iterations of tv signal provider, DLP Rear Projection/LCD/Plasma/Front PJ, HD-DVD, SD-DVD, Blu-Ray and so on and get everyone's opinion on what looks best.

Greg