Been a while since I last posted...so, Hello to all those that I know. Hope your holidays have been pleasant, and will continue to be so, within the next few days.

I have a co-worker (a VP in my company) that is looking for a cheap receiver. He's not into the home theatre scene, and although I TRIED to convince him, to go a better route, that doesn't seem to be his thought process.

So, he's looking for a relatively cheap receiver (in the $200-400 range) which will aid him in helping out his sound, from a TV. He's been looking into Onkyo's, and I told him that they are decent receivers. Just haven't had much experience with them...so, I wanted to ask the source where I know information is wise!!! (shameless plug for Axiom members).

So, what are some of your thoughts? The receiver should be decent...as decent can be, for about $200-400. Even if it's one of those 'home-theatre-in-a-box' deals (**CRINGES**) that would suffice. Again, he's not going to change his mind...but, I am not gonna argue anymore with a VP anymore, either...hehe.

Thanks again, for any responses. I am sure to forward them to him...