Greetings. Apparently I was good this Christmas, because Santa brought me a new STF-2 Subwoofer to compliment my HK3480 and M60’s. Needless to say, I’m quite impressed. Since the final location for the sub will be on the other side of the room from my receiver and I want a nice neat install, I ordered some RCA keystone jacks and plan to run the subwoofer cable under the floor. While I was at it, I also ordered some banana plugs, banana jacks, and some speaker cable so that if I’m good next year, Santa might bring me the rest of the home theater setup. If that’s the case, I’ll be able to just plug in the surrounds and I’ll be good to go. Anyway, I’m looking for some advice on how to solder the RCA jacks and/or banana plugs – neither came with instructions. I’m sure that I’ve seen such guides posted before, but I couldn’t turn up anything useful though google.

Here are the RCA Jacks that ordered:
RCA Jack
I’m assuming that the center wire gets soldered to the center post, and the outer mesh wire gets twisted together and soldered to the outer post. But then again, I don’t really know what I’m doing here. Any thoughts or links?

Here are the Banana plugs:
Banana Plugs
The plugs actually separate into three pieces. The center opening of the barrel is smooth. Do I just jam the speaker wire in there fill it with some solder?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

M60's
VP150
QS8's
HSU STF-2
Onkyo TX-SR805
Audiobytes for the PC