Kudos Axiom. You said my speakers would arrive on Friday, and here it is Thursday and they're all set up in my den.

I'll post a more detailed comparison/review tomorrow after I get everything calibrated correctly, but so far, the M80's are fantastic. Soundstage is incredible, depth and sparkle is outstanding, and the rich, full sound that I've been craving is there. So much more presence than the M22's.

Also bought the Emotiva LPA-1 amp, as I needed something to drive the 4-ohm M80's. This is my first experience owning a dedicated amplifier, and even with really crummy RCA cables (soon to be corrected) I can most definitely tell a difference. Powered by my Pioneer (yeah, I had to try it even though it's not rated to drive 4ohm loads), the M80's sound introverted, cold, and just plain weak. With the LPA, they sound like they should - bold, powerful, and spacious. Heck, even my old M22's sound better powered with this thing - significantly improved bass response compared to the Pioneer! I'm amazed!!

I'd be scared to hear these things on Emotiva's top of the line MPS!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office