Hi,
I'm planning on doing a 4.0 setup. I'm thinking either Paradigms (the original plan) but have now come across Axiom. I know this forum will be biased to Axiom but I hope for as much objectivity as possible :-)

My room is a small condo living room. The living room is only about 10 ft from fireplace to back wall. Couch is against back wall facing fireplace (tv will be above it). My ears will be only approx 7.5 to 8 ft from front of 13" deep speakers. One side of the living room is open all the way to the kitchen but the speakers will be in the (imaginary) living room border or about 10ft x 12 ft or so.

It will be a 4.0 system (so no sub). I want really good 2 channel for music, but some surround for entertaining movies. Since no sub is involved the mains need to have decent bass (not thundering though).

Im considering either Paradigm Studio 20's w/ ADP 190's. These are bookshelf that I would shelf mount (I know stands would be better though). The Studio 20's have great bass from what I've read. I've heard they are very good and detailed even at low volume (for my close proximity listening).

Now since I came across Axiom I'm thining maybe some M50's with QS4's. The M22's need to have a sub so they are out. The M60's have a bigger footprint than M50's ( Small space, grrr).

I've read the M50's really shine at louder volumes. Will I still be happy with them at low volumes (most of the time)? I think I might be too close to them at only 7.5 to 8 ft. I am able to put them 7-8 ft apart though.

About the QS4's, well they would have to go wall mounted on the back wall which the couch is against. I can spread them out apart aways, but would like to moutn them up high towards the top of my 8'8" cieling (mounted at say 8 ft) for aethetic reasons (want to put a big painting on wall behind couch and don't want to lose the visual 'flow' if I had the speakers mounted mid height up the wall. Will they still sound good up high? Especially considering the Im only 8 ft from the mains? Seems like a steep angle from the mains way up to the surrounds?

Any opinions would be great both on my consideration of the Paradigms and of the specific Axiom questions.

This is my first post here and I've spent about 6 hours reading threads in the last two days. Love it!

Thanks!