In reply to:

Obviously we have reached a philosophical impasse. I believe that direct observation trumps theory, and many of you believe the opposite.

I don't believe anyone has said that. Direct, scientific observation is not the same thing as what you've described throughout this thread. I require both, and it would seem, so far, that the skeptics have both on their side.

In reply to:

In this case, I am referring to the countless observations of audiophile listeners, reviewers, and others over past decades.

Then you're misusing it elsewhere. You keep switching in and out of the scientific definition of 'empirical'. Anecdotes and scientific evidence, empirical data, are not the same thing.

In reply to:

I believe them; many of you prefer theory. Fine.

False. All the scientific empirical data indicates you are wrong.

In reply to:

Is there a thread of common ground remaining? I am only here because I love the experience of my M22s. Because of the emotional effect these speakers can help conjure out of music, and because I value that experience greatly. Remember, we should all be spending much more time enjoying music than arguing in a forum! I have to remind myself sometimes.

I find room for both enjoying my music/movies AND arguing on internet fora.