This Lonnie quote has been circulating around the various forums. Here is my response over at AVS here

Quote:

This was posted by a member over on av123 who apparently got this response from Lonnie at Emotiva about the power specs on the LPA-1:

From 20 to 20 the frequency response and power output is for all practical purposes completely flat and the amp will deliver the rated power across the band.

Thanks for digging that up and posting it here. I have been very curious about this amplifier.

Emotiva saying "for all practical purposes" sure leaves the question wide open to interpretation. He says it will deliver the rated power across the band, but neglects to say this as all channels driven.

Quote:

Now the actual frequency response of the unit is from 10-50Khz @ -1db, thus the power spec can be derived from that as well, but this would just tend to confuse most people. To make the testing go faster in production, the Audio Precisions are set up to run a frequency sweep to very the power response is flat and then it just does a 1K measurement

Yeah this kind of confuses me too. He says they test the entire freq range to verify a flat response, but then says they go back and measure at 1K to make production faster? How is this making anything faster? You already did a full sweep.

If what they want you to believe about this amp is true, it would be total slam dunk over the Outlaw 1070 I have been considering. However, neglecting to state a frequency range for all channels driven power output on the website, along with stating all channels driven power ratings @1Khz only on the last page of the owners manual, and capping it off with Lonnie from Emotiva's very vague and confusing statements has me more suspicious than ever of what this company is claiming about the power output of the LPA-1. Let us also not forget that Audioholics recently had a big gushing review of this amp with NO bench testing whatsoever. Supposedly the reviewer didn't have testing equipment to work with. Why not send the amp into wherever Audioholics does their benchmarking, bench it, and THEN finish and publish the review? To their credit, when this was brought up on the forums, there was a response from Gene at Audioholics saying he would be benching this amp soon. I am very much looking forward to seeing these numbers.

I want to like this amp, the idea of breaking into separates for uner $1k is very appealing to me, the combo would look badass in my HT, there has been a lot of good things said about it by many happy owners...but right now I just don't know what to think about it.