Quote:

If only itunes started to sell 320kbps files, I would go to them in a second, right now I am trying the "backdoor" way to allofmp3.com because of the quality of recordings they provide. Don't try and shut them down, just provide a service in NA that can match them, and I think the music industry would be suprised to see more business coming to itunes or something if they offered higher quality stuff.

I seriously doubt iTunes is suffering from a lack of business even while offering 128k bit rate recordings. It was iPods and iTunes, after all, which brought Apple to salvation.

I'm one of those that find many 128k AAC files acceptable, although admittedly the CD would sound better. But I've also listened to poorly mastered $16.99 CDs as well. I agree with an above post that converting from AAC to MP3 is painless as I do it all the time with ease. I'm confused to a statement in this thread about a three copy limitation on copying. Is this limitation on copying the iTunes user-created CD, because I've certainly created more than three custom CDs with various tracks in iTunes with no problem while experimenting. Also in reference to another statement above, I don’t believe it’s possible to download MP3s instead of AAC from iTunes, but you can certainly record out as MP3 when creating a CD or exporting to other devices.

I rarely buy an actual CD anymore unless I read of one here within the forums that comes highly recommended. I find iTunes to be extremely convenient, which is no doubt what Apple had in mind. God knows they get plenty of my money

Steve Axiom M60v2, VP100v2, SVS SB12-Plus Yamaha HTR-5990, Oppo DV-981HD Samsung LN-S4692D