For starters, your advice is why I had 2 electricians from two companies come out and check our house. They both said there was nothing wrong with the electrical box or ground in my home. It is to code. The problem was resolved by Emotiva by placing a cap on the regulators that operate in the ghz frequencies.

I live close to an airport and the signal tower operates in the microwave frequencies, which was interfering with the amps, they made it right again, and the ground was not to blame.

Your still not providing any facts as to why you think the amps are defective, versus just being pushed to their design limit. 119dB's at 1 watt 1 meter requires 256 watts. If the $49 Radio Shack meter is not as accurate as the Audio Toolbox meter, which I think most would agree, then peaks of 20dB's would refer to ranges beyond 300 RMS, in which the amps protective circuitry would be introduced.

I just need to decide if I can live knowing the amp will shut down if pushed to +4 on the volume knob, or look for something else.

I am not the only one having this problem, if you follow other forums. Otherwise, I would say yes I have a defective amp. Other people with 4ohm speakers from Onix, NHT, and Axiom are having the same issues when pushed to similar levels.

Thanks, anyway.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85