Quote:

I pre-ordered the MVI version of S&A

Me too!

Quote:

Having made that commitment, I've been unwilling to ALSO pick up the CD version.

Me too! But now the release date is after my local Rush concert, so I grudgingly made the trip to Best Buy and got a copy of the CD.

Interesting the effect that a producer can have on a band. Anybody else remember when Rupert Hine produced Presto? He had worked with the Fixx, and there was one song on Presto (can't recall for sure, War Paint maybe?) that starts with a bass melody straight out of the Fixx catalog.

So now Rush is working with a guy that has produced the Foo Fighters (one of favorite bands), and I'm listening to The Main Monkey Business. I swear, from 2:30 to 2:50 or so, they sound just like the Foo Fighters.

Not complainin' - just observin'. The instrumentals on this album are awesome. The rest of the album is very good as well.

Maybe Dave Grohl will pop onstage at Nissan Pavilion with our beloved trio. It's only a few miles drive for him, after all. Can you imagine Geddy and Alex playing with Dave on drums?

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.