I agree with most of what was said, except the Dave Matthews part. The song we played was Crash. We played it on the Ascends first and although I have heard the song through car speakers on the radio many times it was the first time hearing it on a "true" stereo/HT system. I felt like I was hearing the song for the first time! There was an extra fullness to the song that I really liked, and with either set of speakers we could hear a lot more detail that I was not used to hearing in that song.

Overall, I agree that both are good speakers, and it mostly comes down to detail vs. fullness. So the question for me is this...what Axiom speaker is fuller then the M22?

We always hear about the M3/M40/M50 being more laid back than the M22/M60. How about fullness? Will the M60's only improve bass performance, or do they add fullness as well? A speaker that could keep the Axiom detail and add the Ascend fullness would be the best of both worlds.

One final note....the listening environment certainly seems to make a difference as well. I just put in Wagner's "Ride of the Valkryies" on my home setup. On the M22's at Marks, it was getting to the borderline of what was considered harsh....on my system here just now(also M22) I did not get the same harshness.

Last edited by Zarak; 08/07/03 03:41 AM.