I was pretty surprised it plays as loud as it does. 100 db’s isn’t exactly quiet. In a larger room it will be less, but still not bad.

For reference, I had my Radio Shack digital meter on a tri pod 12’ away from the mains and 11’ away from the center(s). I had it pointing straight up and I was using PLIIx so all speakers were being used.

I’ll try running the M80’s by themselves next Monday when I have the house to myself. My girlfriend already gives me weird looks, and I might have trouble explaining why I’m listening to music with ear muff on.

If it’s shutting down for heat reasons, there’s nothing I can do about it, nor do I want to. It’s on an EQ rack that is open to all sides, and it has 4” of air space between it and the next shelf. There is a fresh air supply duct in the EQ closet as well. As I said before, it runs hot to the touch. My Marantz didn’t even get warm on the same shelf.

I’m open to do any test you or anyone else would like me to do. I did contemplate moving it upstairs to my two channel rig in the great room where I’m using Rotel Seperates. I have about 4600 cubic feet in that area. But I’m burnt out on routing cables at the moment. That test will have to come later.

Last edited by mdrew; 05/19/07 10:05 PM.